Pasan Thilini Amarasinghe
BA (HONS), MSc
10 years of extensive experience in teaching who can facilitate a positive learning experience for students with individual instruction to accommodate different academic levels and learning styles, by designing lesions according to students interest and maximize individual learning.
- UNIVERSITY OF KELANIYA, MASTERS IN SOCIOLOGY -2012
- UNIVERSITY OF KELANIYA, BA (HONS) – 2008
- BHATHKANDE SANGEETH VIDYAPEETH- LAKNAW
- BRITISH COUNCIL, SRI LANKA -2015
DEPUTY PRINCIPAL / SUSSEX COLLEGE NEGOMBO
[2017 – PRESENT]
Primary AND Secondary Social studies teacher.
Gateway College, Hulhumale Maldives.
- Teaching Primary and Secondary Social Studies and Travel and Tourism.
- Proficient in curriculum planning.
- Teacher in charge of the School Environment Club.
PRIMARY AND SECONDARY SOCIAL STUDIES AND SINHALA LANGUAGE TEACHER.
N.I.C.E. INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL NEGOMBO.
DECEMBER 2014- DECEMBER 2016
- Fulfilling duties as a homeroom teacher, responsible for a classroom of students in Key Stage 3.
- Fulfilling duties as a Social Studies and Sinhala Language subject teacher.
- Working with staff to meet learning objectives for Key Stage 3, Edexcel IGCSE syllabus.
- Performing in school events as a singer.
- Coordinating school events such as Independence Day celebrations annual concerts and Aurudu celebrations.
NATIONAL CURRICULUM COORDINATOR – ADVENTIST INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL- NEGOMBO
Participated in the Teachers convention for coordinators of Adventist International School which was held in Bangkok Thailand in April 2012
Assigned duties and responsibilities
- Evaluating teachers on lesson planning teaching technics and methods and presenting a report to the academic coordinator.
- Coordinating teachers through quality circles once a week
- Approving year plans term plans and lesson plans
- Arranging special seminars for G.C.E. O/L students and handling admissions and results.
- Handling National Curriculum exam papers including proof reading.
- Conducting term examinations under proper supervision.
- Organizing annual field trips.
- Planned, prepared and delivered instructional activities that create an environment where children are actively engaged in the learning experience.
- Identified and adapted teaching resources in order to meet the varying needs of children with different learning abilities, learning agilities and special education needs.
- Offered plans for enhancement in which children are encouraged to be engaged in the learning process.
- Maintained an accurate teaching record and monitored learning performance to provide feedback on progress – Prepared and evaluated students’ performance to monitor progress.
- Researched and utilized variety of learning materials, resources and technology methods [such as: Internet-learning, library, team learning] to support and develop the classroom environment.
- Advised and monitored children in the use of new learning materials and teaching equipment.
- Communicated cooperatively with peers, colleagues and parents to meet teaching goals and ethical standards.
- Participated in training programs and educational courses to keep up to date with new teaching methods, new developments and teaching resources.
- Applied appropriate disciplinary measures when necessary.
SECONDARY SOCIAL STUDEIS AND SINHALA LANGUAGE TEACHER
ADVENTIST INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL NEGOMBO
- Fulfilling duties as a homeroom teacher, responsible for a classroom of students in Key Stage 2 and 3.
- Fulfilling duties as a Social studies and Sinhala Language teacher.
- Performing in school events as a singer such as week of prayer thanks giving and morning worship programs.
- Working as the event coordinator in school events.
- Working as a prefect coordinator.
- Editing and proofreading – National curriculum
- Compere at school talent show.
St. mICHELLS COLLEGE NEGOMBO
2008 TO SEPTEMBER 2010
- Fulfilling duties as a homeroom teacher, responsible for a classroom of students in Key Stage 3
- Fulfilling duties as a Social Studies teacher.
Please note that all times are in New Zealand standard time
Time In New Zealand :
Classes will be created after you have paid for the dates, classes in full.
Once a class is booked, you cannot change the date/time. So please double check the classes & dates before booking